“Application Exercises” help learners build, reinforce, and maintain learning content. For example, a basketball class. The teacher teaches students only the basic movements and essentials of basketball in class. Learners need to spend more time on basketball practice if they want to fully master the game. These basketball practices can help learners deepen the impression of the basic movements, so that the knowledge of the basic basketball movements and the basketball behaviors in real life are established. Moreover, practicing basketball on the basketball court strengthens learners’ memory of this skill. In the cumulative basketball “application practice”, learners can better maintain the movements and knowledge of this skill. In this way, learners can become proficient in this skill through “application practice”.

In the article “Behaviorism, Cognitivism, Constructivism”, the author states that cognitivism, like behaviorism, emphasizes the role of environmental conditions in facilitating learning. However, I believe that cognitivism also emphasizes the role of the learner in learning. This is because the learner’s thoughts, beliefs, attitudes, and values are also believed to have an impact on the learning process. For example, if a learner has a positive attitude towards learning, he must be more likely to acquire a skill than someone who has a negative attitude towards learning. This reflects the fact that in cognitivism, the learner also has a vital role to play in learning.

In my life, I am learning skills every moment of my life. This summer, I learned to use four software programs, PS, AI, PR, and AE. At first, in the classroom because of the teacher’s step-by-step guide, I was able to use this software. However, when I needed to use this software independently to complete an ASSIGNMENT, I realized that there were many skills that I had forgotten. So, I started to ask my teacher for advice and looked for related videos on the internet to watch. As I began to use the software more often and was able to complete assignments on my own, I realized that I had mastered this skill. In fact, the mastery of many knowledge and skills requires the learner to “practice applying” them. This is because some knowledge and skills are easily forgotten when they are not used. However, when you start to use the skill or knowledge more frequently, you will start from the beginning to get comfortable with it.